推荐文档列表

奥运英语情景对话:新北京新奥运

时间:2022-02-06 19:37:19 体育英语 我要投稿

奥运英语情景对话:新北京新奥运

“新北京、新奥运”是北京申奥的口号,英文为“New Beijing, Great Olympics”。其中的“新”包含3色奥运的意思。请看下面的情景对话来更好地理解其意义。

Dialogue

奥运英语情景对话:新北京新奥运

A: Let's talk about Beijing bidding for 2008 Olympic Games.

我们谈谈北京申办2008年的奥运会吧。

B: Okay.

好的。

A: Bidding for the Olympics is, in a way, a image-creating undertaking.

申办奥运在某种程度上是一个创造形象的重任。

B: Yes. I agree with you. Beijing must attract others by it unique image.

是的,我同意你。北京必须用自己独特的形象吸引人。

A: So Beijing gives their theme: New Beijing, Great Olympics.

因此北京提出的主题是:新北京、新奥运。

B: In my opinion, the 2008 Olympics will be a great green Olympics illuminated with two more special colors, yellow and red.

我认为2008年奥运会将会是一届伟大的绿色奥运会,与之相对的另外两种颜色是黄色和红色。

A: Why do we call it like this?

为什么我们这样称呼它?

B: Because the city's green area will make up 40% of its total till 2008.

因为到了2008年,这个城市的绿化面积将占城市总面积的40%.

A: I heard that along the Fourth Ring Road 12.5 million trees and over I million acres of grass will be planted.

我听说沿四环路将种上1,2亿棵树和1百万亩面积的草。

B: Yeah, a green Beijing will be achieved.

是的,绿色的北京,一定能实现。

A: And yellow Olympics?

那黄色奥运呢?

B: We are all the yellow race and descendants of the Yellow Emperor. Therefore, yellow will naturally add splendor to the 2008 Olympics.

我们是黄种人,是炎黄子孙。因此,黄色自然会为2008年奥运会增添光彩。

A: Then red Olympics?

红色奥运呢?

B: Red is the color of double happiness, representing joy, auspiciousness, enthusiasm and prosperity.

红色是幸福双至的颜色,它象征着快乐,吉祥,热情和繁荣。

A: In your mind, by 2008, Beijing will be a sea of red.