1. The students got on the school bus.
2. He handed me the newspaper.
3. I shall answer your question after class.
4. What a beautiful Chinese painting!
5. They went hunting together early in the morning.
6. His job is to train swimmers.
7. He took many photos of the palaces in Beijing.
8. There is going to be an American film tonight.
9. He is to leave for Shanghai tomorrow.
10. His wish is to become a scientist.
11. He managed to finish the work in time.
12. Tom came to ask me for advice.
13. He found it important to master English.
14. Do you have anything else to say?
15. To be honest; your pronunciation is not so good.
16. Would you please tell me your address?
17. He sat there, reading a newspaper.
18. It is our duty to keep our classroom clean and tidy.
19. He noticed a man enter the room.
20. The apples tasted sweet.
I hope you are very well. I'm fine, but tired. Right now it is the summer vacation and I'm helping my Dad on the farm. August is the hottest month here. It is the time of year for the rice harvest, so every day I work from dawn until dark. Sometimes we go on working after dark by the lights of our tractors. We grow rice in the south of the States, but in the north where it is colder they grow wheat. We have a lot of machines on the farm. Although the farm is large, my Dad has only two men working for him. But he employs more men for the harvest. My brother takes care of the vegetable garden. It doesn't often rain in the summer here. As a result, we have to water the vegetable garden. Every evening we pump water from a well. It then runs along channels to different parts of the garden.
Most Saturday evenings there is a party, even at harvest time. These parties often make us very happy. We cook meat on an open fire outside. It's great! Americans eat a lot of meat — too much in my opinion. Some of my friends drink beer. I don't, because I have to drive home after the party. In your letter you asked about the time in different areas of the States. There are five different time areas in the States. In my state we are fourteen hours behind Beijing time. How many different time areas do you have in China? Well, I must stop and get some sleep. Please give my best regards to your parents.
( )1. ____ will leave for Beijing.
A. Now there the man B. The man here now
C. The man who is here now D. The man is here now
( ) 2. The weather ____.
A. wet and cold B. is wet and cold C. not wet and cold D. were wet and cold
( ) 3. The apple tasted ____.
A. sweets B. sweetly C. nicely D. sweet
( ) 4. He got up ____ yesterday morning.
A. lately B. late C. latest D. latter
( )5. The actor ______at the age of 70.
A. dead B. died C. dyed D. deaded
( )6. ____ were all very tired, but none of ____ would stop to take a rest.
A. We, us B. Us, we C. We, our D. We, we
( )7. He found the street much ______.
A. crowd B. crowding C. crowded D. crowdedly
( ) 8.I think _____necessary to learn English well.
A. its B. it C. that D. that is
( ) 9. The dog ____ mad.
A. looks B. is looked C. is being looked D. was looked
( )10.I will never forget the day ______ I joined the army.
A. that B. when C. in which D. where
四、1~5 CBDBB 6~10 ACBAB