Even those who aren't hunting for jobs may find search agents worthwhile.
1. How did Redmon find his job?
[A] By searching openings in a job database.
[B] By posting a matching position in a database.
[C] By using a special service of a database.
[D] By E-mailing his resume to a database.
看四个选项中的动词：search, post, use, E-mail，能和SA发生关系的只有
5. Which of the following is true according to the text?
[A] Personal search agents are indispensable to job-hunters.
[B] Some sites keep E-mailing job seekers to trace their demands.
[C] Personal search agents are also helpful to those already employed.
[D] Some agents stop sending information to people once they are
The humiliation continues.
7. What can we infer from the first three paragraphs?
[A] In both East and West, names are essential to success.
[B] The alphabet is to blame for the failure of Zo? Zysman.
[C] Customers often pay a lot of attention to companies' names.
[D] Some form of discrimination is too subtle to recognize.
Many folks see silver linings to this slowdown.
11. By "Ellen Spero isn't biting her nails just yet"(Line 1, Paragraph 1), the
[A] Spero can hardly maintain her business
[B] Spero is too much engaged in her work
[C] Spero has grown out of her bad habit
[D] Spero is not in a desperate situation
12. How do the public feel about the current economic situation?
15. To which of the following is the author likely to agree?
[A] A new boom, on the horizon.
[B] Tighten the belt, the single remedy.
[C] Caution all right, panic not.
[D] The more ventures, the more chances.
School remains a place where intellect is mistrusted.
16. What do American parents expect their children to acquire in school?
[A] The habit of thinking independently.
[B] Profound knowledge of the world.
[C] Practical abilities for future career.
[D] The confidence in intellectual pursuits.
如：intellectual Vs practical; scientists Vs "untaught minds"; right-to-life
Vs right-to-die; businessmen Vs consumers——关键看作者是哪头儿的。
17. We can learn from the text that Americans have a history of_____.
[A] undervaluing intellect
[B] favoring intellectualism
[C] supporting school reform
[D] suppressing native intelligence
20. What does the author think of intellect?
[A] It is second to intelligence.
[B] It evolves from common sense.
[C] It is to be pursued.
[D] It underlies power.