STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION
1 . Hanya Holm is a dancer, choreographer and _____ .
(A) dance that she teaches
(B) her teaching of dance
(C) to teach dancing
(D) dance teacher
2. During an eclipse of the Sun, ______ in the shadow of the Moon.
(A) the Earth lies
(B) the Earth when lying
(C) that the Earth lies
(D) the lying Earth
3. Under the influence of Ezra Pound, Hilda Doolittle became associated with the
Imagists, and ______ into one of the most original poets of the group.
(B) to be developing
(C) who developed
(D) developing it
4. _____ all rainwater falling from a cloud reaches the ground; some of it is lost through
5. In an area first explored by Samuel de Champlain, ______ .
(A) establishment of the city of Halifax in 1749
(B) in 1749 the city of Halifax established
(C) in 1749, establishing the city of Halifax
(D) the city of Halifax was established in 1749
6. A nation s merchant marine is made up of its commercial ships and the people ______
(A) they operate
(B) who operate
(C) they operate of
(D) do they operate
7. ______ Nat Turner who led a revolt against slavery in Virginia in 1831.
(A) Where was
(B) It was
(C) He was
(D) That he was
8. The most elaborate of all bird nests ______ , domed communal structure built by
(B) largely is
(C) the large
(D) is the large
9. William Walker s mural, "Wall of Respect," ______ an outdoor wall in Chicago, deals
with social issues.
(B) covers it
(C) which covers
(D) which it covers
10. Studies of the gravity field of the Earth indicate ______ yield when unusual weight is
placed on them.
(A) although its crust and