Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (40 min)
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct response to each question on your Coloured Answer Sheet.?
SECTION A TALK?
Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section. At the end of the talk you w ill be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now list en to the talk.?
1. The technology to make machines quieter ___.?
A. has been in use since the 1930’s?
B. has accelerated industrial production?
C. has just been in commercial use?
D. has been invented to remove all noises?
2. The modern electronic anti-noise devices ___.?
A. are an update version of the traditional methods?
B. share similarities with the traditional methods?
C. are as inefficient as the traditional methods?
D. are based on an entirely new working principle?
3. The French company is working on anti-noise techniques to be used in a ll EXCEPT ___.?
A. streets B. factories C. aircraft D. cars?
4. According to the talk, workers in “zones of quiet” can ___.?
A. be more affected by noise
B. hear talk from outside the zone?
C. work more efficiently
D. be heard outside the zone?
5. The main theme of the talk is about ___.?
A. noise-control technology
B. noise in factories?
C. noise-control regulations
D. noise-related effects??
SECTION B INTERVIEW?
Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now listen to the interview.?
6. Employees in the US are paid for their time. This means that they are supposed to ___.?
A. work hard while their boss is around?
B. come to work when there is work to be done?
C. work with initiative and willingness?
D. work through their lunch break?