Listening Comprehension (40 min)
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully
and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your Coloured Answer Sheet.?
SECTION A TALK?
Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section .At the end of the talk you will be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now listen to the talk. ?
1. In the Black Forest, the acid rain is said to attack all EXCEPT ___.?
A. firs B. metals C. leaves D. soil?
2. The percentage of firs dying in the Black Forest is ___.?
A.41% B.43% C.26% D.76%?
3. Germany is tackling part of the problem by introducing ___.?
A. new car designing schemes
B. new car production lines?
C. a new type of smoke stacks
D. new car safety standards?
4. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT??
A. Germany is likely to succeed in persuading her neighbours to reduce acid rain.
B. The disastrous effects of acid rain are not confined to one area.?
C. German tourists are allowed to drive across their neighbours’ borders.?
D. Germany’s neighbours are in favour of the use of lead-free petrol.?
5. On the issue of future solution of acid rain, the speaker’s tone is that of ___.
A. warning B. pessimism C. indifference D. optimism?
SECTION B INTERVIEW?
Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you will be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now listen
to the interview.?
6. What subject is Mr. Pitt good at_____??
A. Art. B. French. C. German. D.Chemistry.?
7. What does Mr. Pitt NOT do in his spare time??
A. Doing a bit of acting and photography.?
B. Going to concerts frequently.?
C. Playing traditional jazz and folk music.?