Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (40 min)
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each ques tion on your Coloured Answer Sheet.?
SECTION A TALK?
Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section .At the end of the talk you w ill be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now list en to the talk. ?
1. The rules for the first private library in the US were drawn up by ___.?
A. the legislature B. the librarian? C. John Harvard D. the faculty members?
2. The earliest public library was also called a subion library bec ause books ___.?
A. could be lent to everyone
B. could be lent by book stores?
C. were lent to students and the faculty
D. were lent on a membership basis?
3. Which of the following is NOT stated as one of the purposes of free pu blic libraries??
A. To provide readers with comfortable reading rooms.?
B. To provide adults with opportunities of further education.?
C. To serve the community’s cultural and recreational needs.?
D. To supply technical literature on specialized subjects.?
4. The major difference between modem private and public libraries lies i n ___.?
A. readership B. content C. service D.function?
5. The main purpose of the talk is ___.?
A. to introduce categories of books in US libraries?
B. to demonstrate the importance of US libraries?
C. to explain the roles of different US libraries?
D. to define the circulation system of US libraries?
SECTION B INTERVIEW?
Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. A>>