1. I will g________from the primary school in several months．
2. Is the monkey more c________than the elephant?
3. S________ is the first day of a week in western countries．
4. The children are p________for the party．
5. Do you think it is good for a________ to live in the zoo?
Mr Robinson worked in Africa. His son was born there. His name was John. One winter Mr and Mrs Robinson went England, and they took John there. John was seven years old then. One day it snowed. The boy went into the garden, and he played in the snow. He said,”Snow is very beautiful, but it is very cold.” Then he said,” What is this? It is a big, round piece of glass. It is beautiful, but it is very cold, too.” But it was not glass. It was ice. It was on a bucket（桶）of water. John said,”Who put this glass here? I am going to take it into the house.” He took the ice to his father and said,” This is a beautiful piece of glass, but it is very cold and wet. It was on a bucket of water in the garden. Mr Robinson smiled and said,”Take it to the kitchen, put it in front of the stove there, and dry it.” The boy took the ice to the kitchen and put it in front of the stove. He dried his hands, because they were very cold and wet, and then he went to the ice again. He looked at it, and then he took it to his father again. He said,” I put this glass in front of the stove, but it does not get drier. It becomes wetter and smaller.”
1. John didn’t know what the ice was, because____.
A.he was very foolish B.he was young C.he was born in Africa D.he didn’t go to school
2. One winter Mr and Mrs Robinson went England with ____.
A.their son B.a boy of their friends C.their daughter D.one of their friend’s son
3. One day John found ____ on a bucket of water.
A.a piece of glass B.a piece of ice C.some snow D.some water
4. What did Mr Robinson ask John to do?
A.He asked John to take the ice out. B.He asked John to put the ice in front of the stove.
C.He asked John not to play with ice. D.He asked John to dry his hands at once.
5. After John put the ice in front of the stove, he found that it became _____.
A.dry B.wetter B.bigger C.bigger D.colder
1. C 解析：本题从第一段可以得出答案，应为John从没见过雪所以不知道雪是什么。
2. A 解析：第一句就提到John是他们的孩子，他们把他一起带到英国。
3. B 解析：本题从第五行可以得到答案。
4. B 解析：从第八行Mr Robinson的话中可以推出答案。
5. B 解析：本题从最后一句可以得出答案。