办公室发财了英语对话

学人智库 时间:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【www.unjs.com - 学人智库】

  以下是小编分享的办公室发财了英语对话,快来看看吧。

  SCENE② A 四个半月后 玛莉巧遇戴夫

  Mary: Is that you, Dave? Oh, my gosh! The 1) backstabber who left us to work for the evil WebTracker!

  玛莉: 是你吗,戴夫?天啊!背弃我们去帮万恶的“网路搜寻家”做事的阴险小人!

  Dave: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hi, Mary. How are you?

  戴夫: 对……嗨,玛莉。你好吗?

  Mary: I'm 2) filthy rich! Haven't you heard about the MicroPower 3) deal?

  玛莉: 我发财了!你没听说过“微力”的案子吗?

  Dave: Yeah, I guess I did. They're going to buy InfoKing?

  戴夫: 有,有听过吧。他们打算买下“资讯王”?

  Mary: That's right. For seventy-five million. So how are you?

  玛莉: 没错。七千五百万的高。那你好吗?

  Dave: I'm getting by OK. I heard MicroPower was going to make Zina 4) president of their new InfoKing Internet 5) division.

  戴夫: 还过得去。我听说“微力”将要让吉娜担任他们“资讯王”新网路分公司的总裁。

  ----------------------------------------------------------------

  语言详解

  A: He's good at negotiating business deals.

  他很擅于协商生意条件。

  B: Then talk him into working for us..

  那就说服他来帮我们做事。

  【I'm getting by OK.我还过得去。】

  get by 就是指“状况还过得去”,而在使用上,主要的状况有两种,一是指经济状况,get by用来表示钱虽然赚得不多,但是也够支付日常生活的开销了。

  A: Are you able to get by on the salary you make?

  你赚的薪水够你开销吗?

  B: I'm able to get by, but it could be better.

  我的生活还过得去,不过还可以更好。

  get by也可以用来表示心理状态,形容心情持平,不能说心情不好,但也不是那种兴高采烈的情绪。

  A: How are you doing?

  你还好吗?

  B: I'm getting by OK. You know, things just keep getting better and better.

  还过得去。算是渐入佳境啦。

  1) backstabber (n.) 暗箭伤人的人

  2) filthy (adv.) 非常,相当

  3) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with... 是“与...交易”。

  4) president (n.) 总裁,总统

  5) division (n.) 分部