办公室英语解释对话

学人智库 时间:2018-02-09 我要投稿
【www.unjs.com - 学人智库】

  下面是小编分享的办公室英语解释对话,欢迎阅读。

  SCENE A 在吉娜的隔间

  Dave: I'm really confused, Zina. Will you explain all this to me?

  戴夫: 我真的搞迷糊了,吉娜。你能把这一切解释给我听吗?

  Zina: Look, we need to have the Stars.com 1) account, right?

  吉娜: 我们得要拿到Stars.com这个客户,对吧?

  Dave: Yes. If we get it, we'll really be set for success.

  戴夫: 对。若是拿到,我们就稳成功了。

  Zina: And to get it, we have to 2) beat WebTracker to the punch.

  吉娜: 为了拿到这个客户,我们得要抢在网路搜寻家前面。

  Dave: OK, I'm with you so far.

  戴夫: 好,我到现在都还听得懂。

  Zina: That's why I 3) promised that InfoKing would 4) be up and running by the end of next week.

  吉娜: 所以我才承诺说 “资讯王”在下周末以前就能上线运作。

  ---------------------------------

  语言详解

  A: Can I convince you into coming over to my house?

  我能够说服你来我家吗?

  B: Only if you promise to cook me dinner.

  只要你答应做晚餐给我吃。

  【I'm with you so far. 我到现在都还听得懂。】

  I'm with you.字面上的意义是“我和你在一起。”,而在使用上,I'm with you.是指“我听得懂你说的话。”若当对方已滔滔不绝地讲了一堆话,你为了表达自己都有在听,也都还跟得上他所说的话,这时候你就可以说I'm with you so far.“我到现在都还听得懂。”

  A: So we got the bike and walked two miles, then...Are you paying attention?

  所以我们推摩托车走了两里,然后……你在注意听吗?

  B: I'm with you so far. Keep going.

  我到现在都还听得懂,继续说。

  1)account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户

  2) beat to the punch 先发制人

  3) promise (v.) 承诺

  4) be up and running (公司,机器等)开始运作