办公室老板对话英语话题

学人智库 时间:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【www.unjs.com - 学人智库】

  小编分享了下面这段办公室老板对话英语话题,一起来看看吧。

  SCENE A 隔周,吉娜到老板的隔间去看他

  Zina: Hi, boss. You wanted to see me?

  吉娜: 嗨,老板。你说要见我?

  Vince: Zina. Look, I know when I 1) hired you, I told you I'd pay you a salary. But I just can't.

  文斯: 吉娜。听着,我知道当我雇用你之时,我说过会付你薪水。可是我没办法。

  Zina: Excuse me? I hope I didn't just hear what I think I just heard.

  吉娜: 你说什么?我希望我不是真的听到我以为我听到的。

  Vince: I know it's 2) awkward, but you're going to be thanking me later. I'm going to make you rich.

  文斯: 我知道这说来尴尬,不过你以后会感谢我的。我会让你发财。

  Zina: You're going to make me rich by not paying me?

  吉娜: 你要用不给我薪水的方法让我发财?

  ---------------------------------------------------------

  语言详解

  A: How many people did the company hire this year?

  公司在今年雇用了多少人?

  B: Over two hundred.

  超过两百个。

  【look听着】

  很奇怪,怎么英文的look会翻译成中文的“听着”?其实这正说明文化的差异。在英、美社会里,要对方在意你即将说的话,最普遍的语词是look,而我们在同样情况下却说“听着”。

  A:Look, I'll give you ten dollars if you sweep the room for me.

  听着,如果你帮我扫房间,我就给你十块钱。

  B:Sounds reasonable.

  听起来蛮合理的。

  1) hire (v.) 雇用

  2) awkward (a.) 令人尴尬的的,感到尴尬的